So many great authors and books to choose from....so little time. Or at least that's how we feel over here at CLIND. And that's why we love to bring you the latest and greatest titles by both up and coming and blockbuster authors. Hope you had a chance to check out Emily Giffin's fabulous video we posted earlier this week and soon we'll be rolling out a new feature that will showcase debut authors. (They'll even give us a few tips on how they got published-we're taking notes!) Today we're excited to have bestselling author of over fifteen novels, Katie Fforde, sharing five juicy tidbits. (She knows Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman! Germans love her!) Her latest novel, Wedding Season, is about a wedding planner who doesn't believe in love. (Cue irony!) It's a fun, sassy read that will fit perfectly in your favorite beach bag this summer-Just leave a comment and you'll be entered to win one of three copies of Wedding Season!
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS: 5 THINGS LIZ & LISA DON'T KNOW ABOUT KATIE FFORDE
1. I went to ballet school with Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman. She had hair so long she could sit on it.
2. I can lick my nose with my tongue and clap with one hand. But I don't do these things in public.
3. As part of my research for Wedding Season, I had my colours done. I know now I suit coral red and I shouldn't wear black, but I sometimes cheat with black. I watched a lot of Bridezillas and also discovered the 'Lindy hop'.
4. My book 'Highland Fling' was turned into a German TV movie. It is now set in the Hudson valley, NY. Where they also have a highlands.
5. My forthcoming book 'A Perfect Proposal' is partly set in New York and Connecticut. My heroine is a poor English girl and my hero is a preppy New York lawyer. Sparks fly as they cross into each others worlds.
xoxo, Liz & Lisa