It's just about that time of year again. You know, when you can curl up by the fire with a blanket and read the latest offering from your favorite author. Or if you live in Southern California like Liz does, it might just be more like a tank top and a light throw. But still, you get the point. There's no better way to spend a lazy Sunday than with a great book. Which is exactly why we're so excited to have Sally Koslow revealing her bucket list. As the former Editor in Chief at both McCalls and Lifetime, we loved her fictional take on the magazine publishing world in her debut, Little Pink Slips. (Which was reportedly about her experience working with Rosie O'Donnell! Juicy stuff!) So when Sally's latest, With Friends Like These, arrived at our doorstep, we were looking forward to losing ourselves in Sally's smart and sassy narrative.
With Friends Like These follows four friends who meet in the early nineties and become fast friends, despite the fact that they have little in common. A decade later, their bonds are still strong but they are each struggling with their own issues and discover that sometimes the right decisions are the hardest to make, especially when it comes to old friends and loyalties. With Friends Like These is a fun and sassy read that may also hit an emotional bull's eye for anyone that's ever been less than a perfect friend.
Sound interesting? Well, you're in luck because we have FIVE copies to give away. All you have to do is leave a comment and you're entered! We'll choose the winners on Thursday evening.
So, without further adieu, read on to discover what things the lovely and talented Sally Koslow is dying to do. (pun intended...)
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS: WHAT'S ON SALLY KOSLOW'S BUCKET LIST?
1. Put all my pictures, including the ones languishing in my computer, into leather albums so my epitaph can be “Please let me read one more page” instead of “She never archived her 3000 photos.”
2. Get to the 937 novels I haven’t read in my well-thumbed 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.
3. Road trip! Bad Sally has let her license become ossified. After I’ve conquered my fear of driving, I’ll take a cross-country drive whose centerpiece will be the Grand Canyon.
4. Write a rom-com screenplay.
5. Vacation together with my husband, sons and their gorgeous ladies in Italy. Or the south of France. Not picky as long as there’s sunshine, wine and excellent grub.
Thanks so much Sally! xo, L&L