Can you believe it's almost Christmas? Time has just flown by this year. And one thing we've noticed? So many fabulous books this year about food. (Maybe we're all looking for a little comfort?) Some of our fave books this year have made us hungry-books by Melissa Senate, Jenny Nelson and Jennifer Ross. And now we have another book about food that we adore: Good Enough To Eat by Stacey Ballis. And we're ecstatic that she's sharing her bucket list with us too! Former lawyer Melanie Hoffman lost half her body weight and opened a gourmet take-out cafe specializing in health and delicious food. then her husband left her for a woman twice her size. When she's blinded by a financial crisis, Melanie reaches out to a quirky roomate with tons of baggage and becomes involved in a budding romance with a local documentary film maker.
Soon Melanie realizes that her weight loss was just the beginning of an amazing journey that will transform her life from the inside out. With relatable characters and genuine warmth, we think you'll find Good Enough To Eat as delicious as we did-it would make a wonderful Christmas gift for that hard-to-buy-for girl on your list!
And we have FIVE copies to give away to you! Just leave a comment and you'll be entered to win! We'll choose the winners after Friday at 6pm PST.
And we have a feeling Stacey's bucket list will have you running out to get your own copy of Good Enough to Eat. Read on to see why we heart her!
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS: WHAT'S ON STACEY BALLIS'S BUCKET LIST?
I’m really very lucky, especially since the things that has topped this list for the past decade were to find and fall in love with the man I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with, but last year he finally showed up, so I got to bump these up to the top!
1. Make my agent a very wealthy man. It’s rude to wish for such things for oneself, you know, but if I am making him rich, I am also doing okay work-wise.
2. Publish a cookbook. Not a purely recipe book, but a really lovely book of stories and anecdotes and entertaining tricks and tips with plenty of gorgeous photos and recipes. There are 40 pages of recipes in the back of my new book Good Enough to Eat, but that has only whetted my appetite for a real cookbook project.
3. Get to my top five travel destinations. I have long wanted to see Prague, Barcelona, Casablanca, Venice, and Berlin. Lucky for me, they are all on my boyfriend’s list too, so hopefully we will make time to go there together.
4. Start playing music again. I played trumpet, mostly jazz, for about fifteen years, but put the horn down during grad school and never picked it back up. Not sure if I want to start back with the trumpet or try a whole new instrument, but it would be great to get back into music.
5. Own my building. I have lived in my apartment for 17 years. The building is a wonderful 1906 Victorian Greystone with three units. My landlord and I have an agreement, when he is ready to let go of the building, he will sell it to me. I am very patient, and don’t care when it happens, I just can’t wait for the day it is mine….especially since once I own it, then I can do some of the home improvement projects not possible as a renter.
Thanks Stacey! xo, L&L
Also, there’s still time to leave a comment here to be entered in Liz & Lisa’s Favorite Holiday Things giveaway for your chance to win a Blackberry Curve, A Sony eReader and so much more! And don’t forget to “like” our Facebook page too! It ends this Friday so don't wait!