So we're finally warming up to the LOL. Not the actual act of laughing out loud-we do that all the time! But the use of the term LOL. Not gonna lie, we used to be too good for it. Thought all these LOLers were bullshitting a bit. Because although we've been known to be funny here and there, we had a hard time believing that all these people were really LAUGHING OUT LOUD at our texts and emails. But lately we find ourselves actually LOLing(the actual act) and typing LOL too. One of the reasons? Jill Kargman's latest, Sometimes I feel Like a Nut, her high-larious collection of essays-out tomorrow! We promise you'll be LOLing from page one. Jill Kargman is a mother, wife, and writer living the life in New York City . . . a life that includes camping out in a one-bedroom apartment with some unfortunate (and furry) roommates, battling the Momzillas of Manhattan, and coming to terms with her desire for gay men. In this entertaining collection of observations, Kargman offers her unique, wickedly funny perspective as she zips around Manhattan with three kids in tow.
Kargman tackles issues big and small with sharp wit and laugh-out-loud humor: her love of the smell of gasoline, her new names for nail polishes, her adventures in New York City real estate, and her fear of mimes, clowns, and other haunting things. Whether it's surviving a family road trip or why she can't stand Cirque du So Lame, living with a mommy vagina the size of the Holland Tunnel or surviving the hell that was her first job out of college, Kargman's nutty self triumphs, thanks to a wonderfully wise outlook and sense of fun that makes the best of everything that gets thrown her way. And if that's not enough, Kargman illustrates her reflections with doodles that capture her refreshing voice.
We think Sometimes I Feel Like a Nut is the perfect way to de-stress after a long day. And we have FIVE copies to give away! Just leave a comment and we'll choose a winner on Wednesday after 6pm PST.
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS: WHAT'S ON JILL KARGMAN'S BUCKET LIST?
1. Before I croak I'd love to have lunch with my idol, Woody Allen. I worship him and met him a couple times but it was at crowded parties where it would've come off as stalkerish and Kathy Batesian to start worshipping him.
2. I want to do Natalie Portman-style crash course in ballet for like months on end and totally be Black Swan-worthy. Minus the fucked upness.
3. Scotland trip. I love those accents.
4. I want to see my three kids find love and be settled and happy. And I want tons of grandkids! I miss fat little feeties.
5. When I'm 94 or so I want to become a junkie. I'm not even kidding. I'm a relative drug virgin and I want to go nuts in old age and try it all.
Thanks Jill! xo, L&L