We're so excited for all the fantastic books coming out in 2011. And you know you can count on us to have all your fave authors and books here! First up? New York Times bestselling author Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Susan soared onto the NYT bestseller list with Dream a Little Dream. Now comes Call Me Irresistible-out January 18th, which intersects characters featured in in three of her most beloved novels. Lucy Jorik is the daughter of a former president of the United States. Meg Koranda is the offspring of legends. One of them is about to marry Mr. Irresistible—Ted Beaudine—the favorite son of Wynette, Texas. The other is not happy about it and is determined to save her friend from a mess of heartache.
But even though Meg knows that breaking up her best friend's wedding is the right thing to do, no one else seems to agree. Faster than Lucy can say "I don't," Meg becomes the most hated woman in town—a town she's stuck in with a dead car, an empty wallet, and a very angry bridegroom. Broke, stranded, and without her famous parents at her back, Meg is sure she can survive on her own wits. What's the worst that can happen? Lose her heart to the one and only Mr. Irresistible? Not likely. Not likely at all.
Sound good? Click here to pre-order it!
Fun and sassy, we think that Call me Irresistible is the perfect way to start off the new year! And we have FIVE copies to give away. Just leave a comment and you'll be entered to win! We'll pick the winners on Friday night after 6pm PST.
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS: WHAT'S ON SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIP'S BUCKET LIST?
1. I’ve been working on my bucket list for the past few years, starting with some amazing walking and hiking trips in Europe, Central America, Canada, and Alaska. Still on the agenda: ¾Morocco, Greece, and more of the British Isles.
2. Master a big girl camera as opposed to my trusty point and shoot.
3. Learn how to bake a great pie.
4. Learn how to eat a small portion of great pie instead of , say, half the sucker in one sitting.
5. Satisfy my unhealthy fascination with Oprah by becoming her second best friend, after Gayle. Do you think I need a shrink?
Thanks Susan! xo, L&L