It probably won't surprise you that we have a soft spot in our hearts for writing teams of two who author books together. Because we feel if a couple of people can work together to get a novel on paper without killing each other, they've survived half the battle. (We managed to get through both of our novels with only one cat fight! But it was a good one! Meow!) And majuh bonus points if they are also funny! So when we discovered L B Gschwandtner and Karen Cantwell, co-authors of Foxy's Tale, we fell for them because they made us seriously LOL our asses off when we read their novel. And you know how we like a good LOL! Synopsis of Foxy's Tale: A comic, chick lit tale wherein former beauty queen Foxy Anders, who's fallen on hard times, rents an apartment to mysterious, bumbling Myron Standlish who’s arrived in the city looking for a long lost trunk containing who knows what. When Foxy’s teenage daughter, Amanda hooks up with Nick, a cute guy at school, while getting cooking lessons from Foxy's new assistant Knot, they’re all in for some romance with a dash of suspense and a sprinkle of supernatural.
And if you leave a comment, you'll be entered to win one of three eBook or print (up to you!) copies of Foxy's Tale. We'll randomly select the winner after 6pm EST on Thursday, May 19th.
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS...L B GSCHWANDTNER AND KAREN CANTWELL'S 5 DO'S AND A DO-OVER
1. Karen: Always wear a bra. If you’re knocked unconscious in an accident, you don’t want your very personal friends, Teensy and Eensy (in my case) or Jumbo and Whopper (in Dolly Parton’s case) to be exposed to the world.
LB: You may also want to consider your panty style of choice. Only a few of us can get away with a string bikini on an emergency room gurney. Just sayin’.
2. Karen: Wash your hands in a public restroom. They might have hidden cameras and you don’t want to wind up on a Today Show segment dedicated to health and hygiene.
LB: Double tie your trash bags. You’d be surprised what can leap right out at you. Eeeewwww.
3. Karen: Clean UNDER the toaster when Aunt Gertrude visits from Niceville, FL. She looks under everything and she’s not so NICE when she spreads the news to relatives about your housekeeping deficiencies.
LB: Take anything out of your closet that you haven’t worn in 2 years and give it to Goodwill. No regrets.
4. Karen:. Tell your children you love them every day. Make sure you keep video footage as well -- you’ll want evidence when they’re adults and say it’s your fault they’re seeing a therapist.
LB: Ignore the impulse to ask anyone: “Do these jeans make me look fat?” Really, that’s between you and your mirror.
5. Karen: Laugh at your own foibles. And laugh at the word "foibles," because let’s face it -- it’s a funny word.
LB: I don’t even know if a foible is good to suggest doing.
Karen: I would do-over the time I obsessed on things I wanted to do-over. What a waste that was.
LB: I’ve had some hair cuts I would definitely DO over and, looking back at some old pictures, wish I had. Now I wish I could do-over looking back at those pictures.
To find out more about the lovely and talented LB Gschwandtner, visit her website, check out her blog and be sure to follow her on Facebook. To find out more about the equally lovely and talented Karen Cantwell, visit her website and follow her on Facebook.
Thanks, L B & Karen!