Today's guest: Jane Green Why we love her: Author of twelve bestselling novels, Jane Green is one of our all-time favorites and we've read Jemina J more times than we care to admit. Not to mention, she's one of the nicest authors we've had on the site over the years! MAJUH girl crushin' going on over here!
Her latest: Another Piece of my Heart
The scoop on it: Andi has spent much of her adult life looking for the perfect man, and at thirty-seven, she's finally found him. Ethan—divorced with two daughters, Emily and Sophia—is a devoted father and even better husband. Always hoping one day she would be a mother, Andi embraces the girls like they were her own. But in Emily’s eyes, Andi is an obstacle to her father’s love, and Emily will do whatever it takes to break her down. When the dynamics between the two escalate, they threaten everything Andi believes about love, family, and motherhood—leaving both women standing at a crossroad in their lives…and in their hearts.
Our thoughts: Jane handles the topic of marrying a man with children perfectly-you'll laugh and cry in this fantastic read!
Fun fact: Jane was the first author to do a VIDEO post for us, and we think there's no doubt she's ready for the prime time.
Giveaway: FIVE copies! Leave a comment here and we'll choose the winners after 6pm PST on Sunday March 18th. Good luck!
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS...JANE GREEN'S 5 THINGS I'D TELL THE TEEN ME
1. Life can only get better from here. You will, like the proverbial fine wine, get better with age, and as difficult as it may be to believe now, you will reach a place where you are comfortable in your skin.
2. One day you will fall in love, and it won't be painful, and you won't lose yourself, and you won't be left wondering why things never work out. One day you will find him, and he will love you, and honor you, and show you what true partnership means. It may be a rocky road until then, but it is worth the wait.
3. It is okay to feel slightly different. All the people who have gone on to greatness, knew they didn't fit in with the rest of the crowd. Embrace your differences, they will lead to an extraordinary life.
4. If you feel people may not have your best interests in mind, they don't. If you feel uncomfortable being around someone, there is good reason. Never force a friendship or allow yourself to be forced into one unless you feel loved, and safe.
5. One day there will be a hair treatment called Keratin, and it holds the potential to change your life.
Thanks Jane! xoxo, L&L