Our guest today: Dina Silver Why we love her: We love her sweet, sassy narrative! (and so will you!)
Her latest: Finding Bliss
The Scoop: Chloe Carlyle has always longed for the perfect family.
Growing up with an alcoholic single mother, she has seen her share of heartbreak and disappointment, and is striving to build a new legacy for herself. After graduating from college, she takes a job working as a summer girl for the Reeds—a wealthy, accomplished family that personifies her American dream. Her summer takes an unexpected turn when the Reeds’ eldest son, Tyler, the star quarterback for Notre Dame, shows up and turns her life upside down.
An ambitious young woman with a wry sense of humor, Chloe never imagined herself as the type to succumb to the looks and charms of the hometown hero, but she falls hard for Tyler, and is devastated when they part ways at the end of the summer. As she heads off to law school, Chloe tries to convince herself this was just a fling, but she can’t quite get over him. It’s not until Tyler contacts her out of the blue late one winter night that everything changes.
After doing everything in her power to build the perfect life, Chloe soon learns that there are things beyond her control. She must draw on inner reserves of strength as her life takes unpredictable—and sometimes heartbreaking—twists and turns, and she finds herself faced with decisions she never thought she’d have to make. Poignant, heartfelt, and emotional, Finding Bliss is a reminder that you don’t have to live a fairytale life in order to have a happy ending.
Our thoughts: Dina delivers again with this one--make sure to pick it up!
Giveaway: One SIGNED copy! Leave a comment here and we'll choose a winner after July 28th at 8am.
Fun Fact: Dina is a huge Bon Jovi fan! (And so are we!)
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS...DINA SILVER'S 5 THINGS I'D TELL THE TEEN ME
1. Misery loves company, yet she’s not a very good hostess. As a general rule, if someone is being bitchy, it’s because they’re not happy with themselves. Miserable people will try to bring you down so that they can feel better about themselves and rejoice in the fact that they’re not alone. Don’t join their party.
2. One day people will be walking around with cameras in their hands at all times, posting pictures and videos of your every move for the world to see. Be grateful you’re growing up in the ‘80s when you can still get away with shit.
3. If he wants to talk to you, he’ll call you. Guys are simple, they’re not nearly as interested in playing games as we are. If he likes you, you’ll know it. Same thing goes for if he doesn’t.
4. You’re young...have fun!!! Enjoy this time when the biggest decision you have is where to meet your friends for brunch on Sunday.
5. Be kind to everyone. This will come back to you in spades. Years later when you walk into an interview, you never know who’ll be sitting behind the desk.
6. You think you’ve got great girlfriends now, just wait until you get to college.
7. Be prepared to regret the following:
--Royal blue eyeliner.
--Covering your lips with concealer then applying pink frosted L’Oreal lipgloss over them.
--Aussie scrunch hair spray.
8. Lastly, don’t be such a stubborn control freak, over-achiever. If someone asks you for “5 Things,” don’t give them 8.