Today's guest: Jacquee Kahn Why we love her: Two words: Girlfriend 911. (Any woman who's going to help us with our love lives gets our vote!)
The Scoop: It’s been said Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. In her eye-opening book, Girlfriend 911, relationship “guru” Jacquee Kahn puts an end to the insanity with a step-by-step guide to rescuing relationships in trouble, and helping single women find and keep “Mr. Right.”
Based on years of helping her girlfriends (and their girlfriends, and their girlfriends, and so on) with all sorts of relationship woes, Kahn devised a “formula” for attracting and maintaining a healthy relationship. She details her secret formula in Girlfriend 911, and provides easy-to-follow instructions, fascinating relationship “case studies,” and extraordinary outcomes. In relatable, girlfriend-to-girlfriend language Kahn exposes the root cause of relationship failure, and skillfully illustrates how immediate the results can be once you get with the program. Girlfriend 911 is the relationship bible no girlfriend should be without!
Our thoughts: Where do we sign up? Married or not, this is a must-read!
Fun fact: Jacquee's been dubbed the "Super Nanny for Women!"
Bonus: Read the first chapter here.
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS...Jacquee Kahn's 5 THINGS I'D TELL THE TEEN ME
1) ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR GUT - Now that I’m a lot older and much wiser I know if something feels right it is right, and the opposite also applies. If it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't. Do not allow anyone to talk you into what you instinctively know is wrong for you. Always listen to, and trust, your instincts.
2) RESPECT YOURSELF - If you want other people to respect you, you have to respect yourself first. Self-respect means having high standards for yourself and firm boundaries for those around you.
3) BE A LEADER NOT A FOLLOWER - Don't give in to peer pressure. It's so important to follow your own path, no matter what anyone else says or does.
4) FIND THE POSITIVE IN EVERYTHING - If you look hard enough, you can take any situation – no matter how bad it looks – and find the positive.
5) TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE - William Shakespeare said it best, and centuries later it is still such sage advice. Always stay true to YOU.
Liz & Lisa