Tis' the season for great books! Case in point: Maria Geraci's The Boyfriend of the Month Club is available tomorrow! And we're here to tell you that it's a perfect escape after you've run yourself ragged with all your holiday shopping. We're thrilled that she's sharing her bucket list with us today! The Boyfriend of the Month Club is Maria's third book-and it's a fun, sassy read we think you'll love. At thirty, Grace O'Bryan has dated every loser in Daytona Beach. After the ultimate date-from-hell, Grace decides to turn her dwindling book club into a Boyfriend of the Month Club, where women can discuss the eligible men in their community. Where are the real life twenty-first century versions of literary heroes such as Heathcliff and Mr. Darcy?
Could it be successful and handsome Brandon Farrell, who is willing to overlook his disastrous first date with Grace and offers financial help for her parents' failing Florida gift shop? Or maybe sexy dentist Joe Rosenblum, who's great with a smile but not so great at commitment? Unfortunately, like books, men cannot always be judged by their covers...
Click here to pre-order The Boyfriend of the Month Club!
Sounds great, right? It is! And we have FIVE copies to give away to you guys. You know the drill-just leave a comment and you're entered. We'll choose the winners on Thursday night after 6pm PST.
And also, don't forget to head on over to our Favorite Things Holiday Giveaway-we have FABULOUS prizes- a Blackberry, a Sony eReader and so much more!
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS: WHAT'S ON MARIA GERACI'S BUCKET LIST?
First, I want to thank Liz and Lisa for having me here today. Thanks, ladies! I also want to say that this Bucket List thing is really hard. For one thing, I have no intentions of kicking the bucket. Ever. But, I guess if I have to think about the things I’d most want to do before I… you know, do that thing that I’m not ever going to do, then this would be it.
1. After giving this some consideration, the first thing I’d like to do is take all my money and go to a third world country and feed orphans. But that would be a big fat lie. That would be my Catholic guilt talking, because the real first thing on my list would be getting the girls lifted. And yes, I mean those girls. I’ve breast fed three babies. It’s not pretty. Just once before I die I’d like to see them point north again (My husband might appreciate it too).
2. I want to spend a summer at the beach. Just me and Charlie (that’s my 13 year old, 100 lb mutt). I would write all day, walk on the beach in the evening, then drink wine and read books and watch movies at night. My husband and kids can come visit on the weekends (maybe). Oh, and it’s got to be Diane Keaton’s house from the movie “Something’s Gotta Give.” No other house will do.
3. Learn to cuss in Italian. I don’t need to know the whole language. Just the important words.
4. Do a huge family reunion. We’ve tried, but someone is always missing.
5. Put on a killer dress, get my hair and make up professionally done, go to the awards show and thank the academy. It doesn’t matter which academy or what I’m thanking them for. Any will do.
Thanks Maria! xo, L&L