We're still jumping up and down Oprah audience member style over your overwhelming support of the publication of our second novel, The D Word and the re-release of our debut book, I'll Have Who She's Having . Thank you! Warning: Shameless self promotion coming in 5, 4, 3, 2...1
And...don't forget about The D Word HUGE ASS giveaway!
- Buy The D Word (only 2.99!) and email us the receipt at Lizandlisa@chicklitisnotdead.com to receive an entry to the contest. There is no limit on the number of entries. Every copy of The D Word purchased= one entry.
- And as a bonus to those who've purchased The D Word, if you also purchase a copy of I'll Have Who She's Having (only .99!!!) you will receive an additional entry.
- Just email your receipt(s) to Lizandlisa@chicklitisnotdead.com and put "launch contest" in the subject line.
All receipts must be received by TUESDAY JUNE 21st at MIDNIGHT PST and this contest open to US/Canada only.
ON THAT NOTE: We may be attached at the hip (even while living 2,000 miles apart). We may also have many of the same likes- Macbooks, hot men under twenty-five (Roar!) and getting our gamble on in Vegas, to name a few. And we've obviously known each other a very, very long time (to put it in perspective, parachute pants were a wardrobe staple when we met). But we happen to have very different lists of what we'd like to accomplish before, um, it's all said and done.
CHICK LIT IS NOT DEAD PRESENTS... LIZ AND LISA'S BUCKET LISTS:
Liz's Bucket List
1. Start a charitable foundation. I don't know about you, but I always feel so helpless when I read stories about people that need help. Especially if has anything to do with kids or animals(cue waterworks!). My brother works with the amazing human rights agency IJM, that that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. So I have this secret dream of coming up with a large sum of money(But I thought I'd look like an ass if I put "winning the lottery" on this list) and poach him from IJM to start my foundation. What would my foundation do, you ask? I haven't got that far yet. But I know that I'd be able to pick up the phone and *really* help next time I'm watching the nightly news.
2. Become a foster parent. Okay, so let me just say up front that I have no business putting this on my bucket list. Between my two kids, two dogs, full-time job and my writing, I barely have time to breathe most days, let alone take on another child. But there's something in me that REALLY wants to. Like a heart-hurting, lump-in-throat-inducing reaction whenever I read something about fostering or talk to others who have. So we'll see. Oh, it would probably help if the hubs was on board with it too, right? For now, I'm working on asking him if we can foster an animal. Baby steps, people.
3. Be a contestant on The Amazing Race. Even though I turn into a complete bitch when I'm hot, hungry or tired, I'm dying to be on this show. So when Lisa told me HELL TO THE NO when I asked her to be my partner, I decided to take the next best thing-her husband. We applied in February with a very poor Flip video that featured an introduction from *someone* that was postpartum and VERY cranky. (Lisa!) So we'll try it again with a new video and cross our fingers. Although I think Lisa and my husband may be crossing our fingers that we won't!
Lisa's Bucket List
1. Own a beach house. There's something about the ocean, the waves, the sand (okay, maybe not the sand so much) that centers me. That clears my head and makes me feel like I can do anything. So someday, whether it be in Maui, Manhattan Beach (or even both!), I will own a home that overlooks the ocean. Even if it's a little shack amidst mansions, I'll take it.
2. Travel around the world. As cliche as it may be, it's definitely on my list to travel, travel, travel. I'm lucky that my passport has already been stamped numerous times. But there are still so many countries I want to see (China, Germany, Greece- to name a few). I love to to experience different ways of life, the foods (oh how I love the food- and drink!) and the history. There's something about being far from home that excites me. In my dream scenario, I'd be able to pack up and travel for months on end before heading back to reality.
3. Sit courtside at the Lakers. I want to be Jack Nicholson. I want to sit courtside at every Lakers game. yes, we're talking courtside season tickets. I want to overhear Leo Dicaprio's conversation and high five with Justin Timberlake. Kobe Bryant can drip his sweat on me. Pau Gasol can throw a ball in my face. Derek Fisher can fall on me. I'll take it all! I'm a huge Lakers fan and can think of nothing better than being that close to the action!
Liz & Lisa